Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Recording audio, part of Audition CS6 Essential Training.
You most likely want to always be working with pre-existing audio files or…importing files you created in other applications into Audition.…Depending on the type of work you do, you may frequently create your audio…files in Audition itself.…Audition is a great tool for direct recording, whether you're doing voiceovers,…performing music, or just about any other project that requires you to get audio…into Audition from a live source.…Now, Audition receives audio from whichever device you have selected under…Preferences, which as you may recall, we looked at in the first chapter.…Just as a quick review, go to Audition > Preferences--or if you're on Windows,…Edit > Preferences--and choose Audio Hardware.…
And again, this is where you choose your Device Class and your default Input…and Output Devices.…So maybe you have a USB Microphone that you want to record with, in which case…you'd select it from default Input menu.…Or maybe you have a guitar connected to a mixer which is plugged into your…computer sound card, in which case you'd select your sound card's line in.…
- Setting up the interface
- Setting up inputs and outputs
- Importing audio and video
- Understanding audio terminology, such as frequency and amplitude
- Adjusting clips in the Waveform Editor
- Cleaning and repairing audio
- Applying effects
- Working with tracks in the Multitrack Editor and Mixer panel
- Editing the soundtrack of video
- Performing surround mixing
Skill Level Beginner
Audio Foundations: Compression and Dynamic Processingwith Brian Lee White2h 25m Appropriate for all
Audio Foundations: Delay and Modulationwith Alex U. Case2h 20m Appropriate for all
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 28m Appropriate for all
What is Audition?1m 7s
1. Getting Set Up in Audition CS6
2. Importing and Managing Media
3. Important Audio Terminology
4. Working in the Waveform Editor
5. Cleaning and Repairing Audio
6. Using Audition's Built-in Effects
7. Working with the Multitrack Editor and Mixer Panel
8. Working with Video
9. Surround Mixing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.