Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Pre-rendering tracks, part of Audition CS6 Essential Training.
It would be great if we could always do our work on the most current and…powerful computers available.…But the fact is that computers get old, software gets more powerful, and when an…older computer meets new software you might have trouble keeping up, especially…if it's a content creation program like Audition, where you might have dozens of…tracks of audio playing simultaneously as well as effects applied to those…tracks that Audition is rendering on the fly.…I'm going to switch to fx, and earlier I touched on this Pre-render button…that you can see here on each track and also if you're in the Mixer, you'll see it here as well.…
It's the same button in both places.…Now we saw earlier that some effects take up more processing power than others.…For example, I'll add in an effect to this guitar track, I'll choose Reverb > Full Reverb.…And again, I'm getting this message telling me that the selected effect…might not be suitable for real-time playback because it's either CPU-intensive or high-latency.…
- Setting up the interface
- Setting up inputs and outputs
- Importing audio and video
- Understanding audio terminology, such as frequency and amplitude
- Adjusting clips in the Waveform Editor
- Cleaning and repairing audio
- Applying effects
- Working with tracks in the Multitrack Editor and Mixer panel
- Editing the soundtrack of video
- Performing surround mixing
Skill Level Beginner
Foundations of Audio: Compression and Dynamic Processingwith Brian Lee White2h 25m Appropriate for all
Foundations of Audio: Delay and Modulationwith Alex U. Case2h 20m Appropriate for all
Foundations of Audio: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 29m Appropriate for all
What is Audition?1m 7s
1. Getting Set Up in Audition CS6
2. Importing and Managing Media
3. Important Audio Terminology
4. Working in the Waveform Editor
5. Cleaning and Repairing Audio
6. Using Audition's Built-in Effects
7. Working with the Multitrack Editor and Mixer Panel
8. Working with Video
9. Surround Mixing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.