Join Scott Hirsch for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Introduction to Video Sound Design.
- [Instructor] Thank you for watching this course.…If you would like to go deeper into sound design for video,…we have a number of courses in our library…that expand on the ideas we've discussed here…in this course.…I recommend one of my courses,…Audio for Film and Video with Pro Tools.…I also recommend Mixing a Short Film with Logic Pro,…and by the way, we have the some course for Pro Tools…and for Audition.…We also have Building a Commercial Soundtrack in Audition.…We watched some of this in the current course.…And then, we have all of our Audio for Video courses…lined up here in the LinkedIn Learning Library.…
Maybe we'll meet again in one of these courses.…Until then, it's been a pleasure exploring…one of my favorite topics with you, sound design.…I'll see you next time.…
Scott Hirsch starts with the basics, discussing the history and legacy of sound for film, and working through the core concepts and elements of a compelling sound design. Next, he takes you through a sound design workflow, highlights the different elements of a soundtrack, and shows professional examples of sound design in a few real-world projects. He also explores the future of the soundtrack, discussing the core concepts of immersive audio, as well as real-world applications of 3D audio.
- The history and legacy of sound for film
- The role of sound in visual media
- The elements of a soundtrack
- Following a sound design workflow
- Editing dialogue and producing sound
- The role of sound effects
- Mixing a soundtrack
- Exploring the future of sound for visual media
- Core concepts of immersive audio