Join Scott Hirsch for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Audio for Video: Production and Post Sound Techniques.
- [Voiceover] If you liked what you saw here…and you feel compelled to go deeper into some more…Audio for Video Techniques,…I recommend checking out some more of my courses,…such as Mixing a Short Film with Audition,…and Building a Commercial Soundtrack in Audition.…For a more in depth view on noise reduction,…check out Repairing and Enhancing Audio…with iZotope RX 4.…And for more insight into dialogue picture editing,…be sure to watch Ashley Kennedy's…Introduction to Editing Dialogue.…
Thanks again for watching this course.…I'll see you next time.…
- Capturing audio and following the proper workflow for optimum results
- Sound editing—improving and restoring audio in post-production
- Mixing and exporting audio or preparing it for handoff to a professional audio engineer
The second and third steps feature Adobe Audition CC, a powerful audio post-production program with a host of tools to clean up, sculpt, and finesse your sound design. The seamless workflow to and from Adobe Premiere Pro makes it a powerful audio toolset. However, author Scott Hirsch's techniques work equally well in other video and sound editing applications. Watch this course to learn practical techniques for getting better sound in all your productions.
- Choosing the right gear, including lavalier and boom mics
- Syncing offline devices
- Working with audio in the video editor
- Moving files to Audition
- Choosing sources
- Cleaning up and getting the most out of nonideal audio
- Reducing noise
- Adding sound effects
- Mixing and adjusting levels
- Exporting and managing final files
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Production Techniques
2. Dealing with Audio in the Video Edit
3. Moving to Audition
4. Fixing Issues
5. DIY Mixing and Exporting “In-System”
6. Working with an Audio Editor
Managing video files9m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.