Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Making selections, part of Audition CS6 Essential Training.
In order to do the majority of the most common types of edits you'll be…making in Audition, you'll first have to select a portion of the audio file…that you want to edit.…Much like in a word-processing application where you click and drag across…the letters, words or paragraphs you want to edit, you make selections in…Audition simply by clicking and dragging across the portion of the waveform…you want to change.…Now, I should say that this requires you to have the Time Selection tool…selected, but as you can see, it's the only tool available when working in…the Waveform Editor.…If you have the Spectral Frequency Display open, or if you're working in a…multitrack session, you'll have access to some of these other tools.…When I'm just looking at the waveform, I have one default tool.…
So you can drag in either direction, you can drag left to right or right to left.…Notice in the Stereo file that both the right and left channels are selected…simultaneously and identically.…That's the default behavior you want in most cases, but if you ever want the…
- Setting up the interface
- Setting up inputs and outputs
- Importing audio and video
- Understanding audio terminology, such as frequency and amplitude
- Adjusting clips in the Waveform Editor
- Cleaning and repairing audio
- Applying effects
- Working with tracks in the Multitrack Editor and Mixer panel
- Editing the soundtrack of video
- Performing surround mixing
Skill Level Beginner
Foundations of Audio: Compression and Dynamic Processingwith Brian Lee White2h 25m Appropriate for all
Foundations of Audio: Delay and Modulationwith Alex U. Case2h 20m Appropriate for all
Foundations of Audio: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 29m Appropriate for all
What is Audition?1m 7s
1. Getting Set Up in Audition CS6
2. Importing and Managing Media
3. Important Audio Terminology
4. Working in the Waveform Editor
5. Cleaning and Repairing Audio
6. Using Audition's Built-in Effects
7. Working with the Multitrack Editor and Mixer Panel
8. Working with Video
9. Surround Mixing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.