Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Isolating vocals in a stereo track, part of Audition CS6 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Occasionally, you may have a song from which you want to either eliminate…or extract the vocal.…Maybe you're making a karaoke version of the song, maybe you want to sample part…of the vocal to place in another track you're working out.…Now if you have the original multitrack file of the recording, it's a…simple matter to either mute the vocal track or to mute all the other tracks to get what you need.…Well, what if you don't have the final mixed-down version?…Maybe it's a song you extracted from a CD or downloaded online.…Audition has a great tool for isolating vocals that you can use in those…instances when you don't have access to the original recordings.…I have the file Breakdown Mode.mp3 open right now. Let's listen to a few seconds.…
(music playing)…So we just heard the lead vocal as well as some background vocals in there.…Now how on earth will we go about pulling that vocal out of there?…I only have one file here that has all the music mixed together.…
I'm going to select a portion of the song that has both the vocal and the…
- Setting up the interface
- Setting up inputs and outputs
- Importing audio and video
- Understanding audio terminology, such as frequency and amplitude
- Adjusting clips in the Waveform Editor
- Cleaning and repairing audio
- Applying effects
- Working with tracks in the Multitrack Editor and Mixer panel
- Editing the soundtrack of video
- Performing surround mixing
Skill Level Beginner
Foundations of Audio: Compression and Dynamic Processingwith Brian Lee White2h 25m Appropriate for all
Foundations of Audio: Delay and Modulationwith Alex U. Case2h 20m Appropriate for all
Foundations of Audio: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 29m Appropriate for all
What is Audition?1m 7s
1. Getting Set Up in Audition CS6
2. Importing and Managing Media
3. Important Audio Terminology
4. Working in the Waveform Editor
5. Cleaning and Repairing Audio
6. Using Audition's Built-in Effects
7. Working with the Multitrack Editor and Mixer Panel
8. Working with Video
9. Surround Mixing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.