Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Generating silence, part of Audition CS6 Essential Training.
Okay. This is going to be a relatively short movie on how to generate silence.…You'll occasionally want to create silence in your audio files for a variety of reasons.…Maybe your audio starts too abruptly for the project you're working on, and you…need a couple of seconds of silence at the beginning, for example.…I have the maya_intro file opened here.…As you can see, it begins almost right away. (male speaker: Hi, I'm George--)…I like to add a little bit more silence at the beginning.…To do this, just place your playhead at the very beginning, and choose Edit > Insert > Silence.…
This gives me a window where the only option is to determine how much silence I want.…I'll put in 5 seconds and click OK, and that's it!…I now have 5 seconds of silence at the beginning of my file.…I can play it for you, and you can listen to all that silence.…You might also find this useful to do when you're working in a multitrack file,…maybe one track needs to play for about 5 seconds before the audio from the…second track kicks in.…
- Setting up the interface
- Setting up inputs and outputs
- Importing audio and video
- Understanding audio terminology, such as frequency and amplitude
- Adjusting clips in the Waveform Editor
- Cleaning and repairing audio
- Applying effects
- Working with tracks in the Multitrack Editor and Mixer panel
- Editing the soundtrack of video
- Performing surround mixing
Skill Level Beginner
Audio Foundations: Compression and Dynamic Processingwith Brian Lee White2h 25m Appropriate for all
Audio Foundations: Delay and Modulationwith Alex U. Case2h 20m Appropriate for all
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 29m Appropriate for all
What is Audition?1m 7s
1. Getting Set Up in Audition CS6
2. Importing and Managing Media
3. Important Audio Terminology
4. Working in the Waveform Editor
5. Cleaning and Repairing Audio
6. Using Audition's Built-in Effects
7. Working with the Multitrack Editor and Mixer Panel
8. Working with Video
9. Surround Mixing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.