Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Fading clips, part of Audition CS6 Essential Training.
There will definitely be times when you won't want your audio clips to begin and…end abruptly, but instead gradually fade in and out.…In either ones of the Waveform Editor, you'll see these two boxes.…I've got one right here and one right here.…These are the Fade Controls, and they're very simple to use.…Now, for this example I've opened the file called interview_BD.wav, and this is…a clip from an outdoor interview.…Let's listen to the first few seconds.…(male speaker: Well, we have one farm in Ojai, where we've been since--)…Now you should have heard that the sound stopped pretty abruptly there.…
Because this was recorded outdoors, we're hearing a lot of ambient background…noises at the beginning, and it's kind of a harsh way to begin the clip.…So what I'll do is click this Fade In icon and drag it to the right.…Notice this drags out a line. This indicates the speed of the fade.…By dragging more or less horizontally to the right, I'm creating a very even fade in.…So the clip will start from silence and then fade up into full volume.…
- Setting up the interface
- Setting up inputs and outputs
- Importing audio and video
- Understanding audio terminology, such as frequency and amplitude
- Adjusting clips in the Waveform Editor
- Cleaning and repairing audio
- Applying effects
- Working with tracks in the Multitrack Editor and Mixer panel
- Editing the soundtrack of video
- Performing surround mixing
Skill Level Beginner
Audio Foundations: Compression and Dynamic Processingwith Brian Lee White2h 25m Appropriate for all
Audio Foundations: Delay and Modulationwith Alex U. Case2h 20m Appropriate for all
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 29m Appropriate for all
What is Audition?1m 7s
1. Getting Set Up in Audition CS6
2. Importing and Managing Media
3. Important Audio Terminology
4. Working in the Waveform Editor
5. Cleaning and Repairing Audio
6. Using Audition's Built-in Effects
7. Working with the Multitrack Editor and Mixer Panel
8. Working with Video
9. Surround Mixing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.