Scott explores real-world sound for video projects in Avid Pro Tools and Adobe Audition. The sessions range from documentary to commercial and narrative styles.
- [Instructor] After discussing a lot…of aesthetics and theory…I want to invite you to peer…into some real-world audio sessions…just to get a visual glimpse into the actual…digital audio workstation timelines.…We'll open up these timelines…in some various digital audio workstations…namely, Avid Pro Tools and Adobe Audition,…and we'll poke around a little bit.…We'll see the similarities and differences…between some different mix styles…and the apps themselves.…So let's start with the commercial session…we've seen already in the previous movie in Adobe Audition.…
So here's what our timeline looks like in Adobe Audition.…On the left here, we have our video window…and to the right we have our timeline.…You can see we have a bunch of tracks here.…Some of these are music tracks.…In fact, you might notice the word Stem on the music track.…And that's because the music composer…gave us his own version of Stems…which are different elements of the music.…So percussion, lead, guitar, drums, bass and so forth.…We also have a voiceover track.…
Scott Hirsch starts with the basics, discussing the history and legacy of sound for film, and working through the core concepts and elements of a compelling sound design. Next, he takes you through a sound design workflow, highlights the different elements of a soundtrack, and shows professional examples of sound design in a few real-world projects. He also explores the future of the soundtrack, discussing the core concepts of immersive audio, as well as real-world applications of 3D audio.
- The history and legacy of sound for film
- The role of sound in visual media
- The elements of a soundtrack
- Following a sound design workflow
- Editing dialogue and producing sound
- The role of sound effects
- Mixing a soundtrack
- Exploring the future of sound for visual media
- Core concepts of immersive audio