Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a multitrack session, part of Audition CS6 Essential Training.
Previously in this chapter, I showed you how to create a simple single track…audio recording in Audition.…And if you recall, it's a simple matter of choosing File > New > Audio file.…That gives you the new audio file window here.…I am just going to call this "PSA part 1." I'll leave the default settings, Click Okay,…and then a simple matter of Clicking the Record button and making my…recording. "The following is a public service announcement."…And there's my recording.…I'll save it, and I'll browse out to my desktop, I'll create a new Folder,…just call it PSA, save it in there, leave everything else the way it is, and Click Okay.…
So that's how we create a simple single track recording.…Now Audition also lets you create Multitrack Sessions, which as its name…indicates, is a session that lets you create multiple simultaneous tracks which…you can then mix together.…To create a Multitrack Session, choose File > New > Multitrack Session, enter…a name, and we'll call this "PSA multi."…And again, I'm going to create a different Folder on my desktop.…
- Setting up the interface
- Setting up inputs and outputs
- Importing audio and video
- Understanding audio terminology, such as frequency and amplitude
- Adjusting clips in the Waveform Editor
- Cleaning and repairing audio
- Applying effects
- Working with tracks in the Multitrack Editor and Mixer panel
- Editing the soundtrack of video
- Performing surround mixing
Skill Level Beginner
Audio Foundations: Compression and Dynamic Processingwith Brian Lee White2h 25m Appropriate for all
Audio Foundations: Delay and Modulationwith Alex U. Case2h 20m Appropriate for all
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 29m Appropriate for all
What is Audition?1m 7s
1. Getting Set Up in Audition CS6
2. Importing and Managing Media
3. Important Audio Terminology
4. Working in the Waveform Editor
5. Cleaning and Repairing Audio
6. Using Audition's Built-in Effects
7. Working with the Multitrack Editor and Mixer Panel
8. Working with Video
9. Surround Mixing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.