- Capturing audio and following the proper workflow for optimum results
- Sound editing—improving and restoring audio in post-production
- Mixing and exporting audio or preparing it for handoff to a professional audio engineer
The second and third steps feature Adobe Audition CC, a powerful audio post-production program with a host of tools to clean up, sculpt, and finesse your sound design. The seamless workflow to and from Adobe Premiere Pro makes it a powerful audio toolset. However, author Scott Hirsch's techniques work equally well in other video and sound editing applications. Watch this course to learn practical techniques for getting better sound in all your productions.
- Choosing the right gear, including lavalier and boom mics
- Syncing offline devices
- Working with audio in the video editor
- Moving files to Audition
- Choosing sources
- Cleaning up and getting the most out of nonideal audio
- Reducing noise
- Adding sound effects
- Mixing and adjusting levels
- Exporting and managing final files
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Scott Hirsch, and welcome to Audio for Video: Production and Post Sound Techniques. This course if for any film or video maker who wants better sound. Or any sound engineer who wants more insight into how to work with sound for video. My goal is to cover simple, yet effective, techniques to improve the audio of your video documentary or narrative film project. (background noise) We'll go through production tips and guidelines, post-production techniques, and how to adopt an audio post production workflow that best suits your project.
Along the way, we'll be exploring best practices for capturing the best production sound possible in any shooting style or location. We'll discuss how far to take the audio tracks in your video editing system and what to leave for the audio-specific applications, as well as how to professionally hand-off the project to an audio post house, if that's your chosen workflow. We'll dive into noise reduction and restoration possibliities for problematic audio. I'll show you editing, effects, and mixing techniques to make your audio smooth and listenable.
- See ya. (light music on video) - [Voiceover] If you're interesting in capturing, maintaining and enhancing the audio for your video projects, you're in the right place. Now let's get started.