Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Applying compression, part of Audition CS6 Essential Training.
So now I'll start taking a look at some of the specific effects that come built into Audition.…Probably what makes Audition so attractive as an audio editing application is…the sheer number of effects that it comes with.…Let's begin by talking about Compression. I'm working with the file singrealloud.wav.…Let's go ahead and play this once.…(music playing)…So as you can hear and also see by looking at the waveform,…there is a significant dynamic range between the four phrases of the performance…captured in this recording.…
This is due to the way the singer performed the song, and there's no fault in that.…You don't want to ask a singer to be less expressive, you want to capture a good performance.…The problem is that the quieter parts of the recording may get lost in the mix…once you start adding in other instruments.…Or even if this was meant to be an A capella performance with no other…accompaniment or instruments, you'd still want to do something to slightly…decrease the dynamic range within the recording so the listener doesn't have to…
- Setting up the interface
- Setting up inputs and outputs
- Importing audio and video
- Understanding audio terminology, such as frequency and amplitude
- Adjusting clips in the Waveform Editor
- Cleaning and repairing audio
- Applying effects
- Working with tracks in the Multitrack Editor and Mixer panel
- Editing the soundtrack of video
- Performing surround mixing
Skill Level Beginner
Audio Foundations: Compression and Dynamic Processingwith Brian Lee White2h 25m Appropriate for all
Audio Foundations: Delay and Modulationwith Alex U. Case2h 20m Appropriate for all
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 28m Appropriate for all
What is Audition?1m 7s
1. Getting Set Up in Audition CS6
2. Importing and Managing Media
3. Important Audio Terminology
4. Working in the Waveform Editor
5. Cleaning and Repairing Audio
6. Using Audition's Built-in Effects
7. Working with the Multitrack Editor and Mixer Panel
8. Working with Video
9. Surround Mixing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.