- Fixing recording issues such as clipped audio and background noise
- Enhancing dialog with compression and EQ
- Automating music levels
- Setting the right levels for venue
- Exporting your mix back to your editing project
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Paul] Hi, I'm Paul Murphy, and welcome to Mixing Music with Dialog. In this course I'll be covering the tools and techniques that I use every day in my own audio post-production workflow. We'll start by discussing a variety of tips for editing and working with audio in Premiere Pro. Then we'll send this edit to Audition for more detailed mixing. There we'll focus on different approaches to reducing background noise in recordings using effects like EQ and Compression to enhance your dialog, techniques for mixing music, how to master your final mix, and then finally sending it back to Premiere to be resynced with the original video.
Though I'll be using Premiere Pro and Audition throughout the course, all of the techniques I'll be discussing apply to most other video and audio applications. So if you have a project which combines dialog and music, this course will guide you through how to refine and improve these elements and mix them together in a way that sounds both professional and pleasing to listen to.