Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Adjusting the clip amplitude, part of Audition CS6 Essential Training.
You've probably noticed this tool that's sort of hanging out near the top of…the Waveform Editor.…This is the Amplitude Adjustment tool, and it allows you to increase or decrease…the loudness of a selection you have made.…Now, in some cases, you may want to increase or decrease the volume of the…entire clip, in which case, simply click anywhere over the graph or dial or text…here and drag left or right.…And while you're dragging, you get a real-time representation of how much you're…increasing or decreasing the amplitude as the waveform grows and shrinks.…So maybe I want to increase the amplitude to about 4 dB.…So there's 4.2 dB right there.…
I release and Audition takes a moment to make my change, and there it is.…Now, you might have noticed that when I released my mouse, the Amplitude…setting went back to 0 dB.…It does this in case I want to make further adjustments, and that way I can know…how much I'm increasing or decreasing the amplitude from the current level.…As with all yellow underlined text, I can click on that number, and I can type in a value.…
- Setting up the interface
- Setting up inputs and outputs
- Importing audio and video
- Understanding audio terminology, such as frequency and amplitude
- Adjusting clips in the Waveform Editor
- Cleaning and repairing audio
- Applying effects
- Working with tracks in the Multitrack Editor and Mixer panel
- Editing the soundtrack of video
- Performing surround mixing
Skill Level Beginner
Audio Foundations: Compression and Dynamic Processingwith Brian Lee White2h 25m Appropriate for all
Audio Foundations: Delay and Modulationwith Alex U. Case2h 20m Appropriate for all
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 28m Appropriate for all
What is Audition?1m 7s
1. Getting Set Up in Audition CS6
2. Importing and Managing Media
3. Important Audio Terminology
4. Working in the Waveform Editor
5. Cleaning and Repairing Audio
6. Using Audition's Built-in Effects
7. Working with the Multitrack Editor and Mixer Panel
8. Working with Video
9. Surround Mixing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.