An audio "cookbook" with step-by-step "recipes" for capturing great sounding audio in situations like conference panels, stage shows, and narrative dialogue scenes.
- Hi, I'm Anthony Artis, and welcome to Video Production Techniques: Location Audio Recording. Audio is one of the most important, but least appreciated aspects of filmmaking. And unfortunately, it's one of those things that if you don't get it right, the audience will definitely notice. The exact same care and attention that go into your visuals, are the exact same care and attention that need to go into your audio. So in this course, I'm going to be covering a variety of common audio scenarios, as well as giving you some tips and techniques to help you out in special situations, and we're also going to go over audio troubleshooting for everyday audio problems that occur.
So sit back and enjoy Video Production Techniques: Location Audio Recording.
- Hooking up a mixer
- Selecting the right mic for the job—table, lavalier, or boom
- Using wireless mics
- Hiding mics
- Mic'ing the crowd at an event
- Capturing the action up close
- Matching visual perspective to audio
- Dealing with background noise
- Reducing rumble, wind noise, and hiss in post