Join Eduardo Angel for an in-depth discussion in this video Recording voice-overs and ADR, part of Video Post Production for Low-Budget Films.
- For many independent filmmakers,…especially when dealing with low budgets,…sound is the last thing they wanna be…bothered with during production,…but sound can truly make or break a film.…Terrible visuals that go with good sound…can be passed off as an intentional style,…but poorly recorded and mixed sound…will always make even the best picture…look amateurish and poorly executed.…This is a post-production course,…but I don't really like to count on fixing it in post.…
Instead, we always try to get the…cleanest sound possible on location.…No matter how much preparation…and attention you devote to capturing clean sound,…some shooting locations are just not optimal.…- It depends on the locations you're in.…Sometimes there's just gonna be too much ambient noise,…that the dialogue's gonna be unclear,…and sometimes the lighting…and the camera angle constraints are not gonna allow you…to get where you need to be to record the optimum sound.…- In situations like these, you might have to do ADR,…or Automated Dialogue Replacement,…
Emmy-winning director Eduardo Angel knows filmmakers can be overwhelmed by the amount of post-production options. In this course, he takes you behind the scenes, sharing insights to help you maximize your post-production process while minimizing the impact to your budget. Eduardo focuses on the essential post-production steps and how to implement technical and creative solutions that help accomplish your vision. He shows you an entire post-production process, including planning, editing your film, working with a composer, adding audio, working with color, and distributing your project.
- Selecting an NLE (nonlinear editor)
- Preparing assets for editing
- Storing and backing up your files
- Evaluating scenes and takes to make selections
- Fine-tuning the edit
- Enhancing the story with audio
- Working with a composer
- Finishing the piece with color grading
- Distributing your project