Join Eduardo Angel for an in-depth discussion in this video Preparing assets for edit, part of Video Post Production for Low-Budget Films.
- Imagine this.…You start building a piece of furniture…and then work on it all summer.…As soon as you finish it,…you want to move it into the living room,…but suddenly realize that it doesn't fit through the door.…Well, there are a few things you can do.…You can leave it where it is.…You can try to disassemble the piece.…Or you can break the wall.…Neither sounds like a very good option, right?…Well, believe it or not, not taking the time…to establish your post-production workflow early on…might lead into very similar situations.…
As soon as we wrap a shoot,…it is very tempting to dive right into the edit.…But there are a few crucial steps you should follow.…Here are some of the most important ones.…First, where are you going to save the media?…This might seem like a very small decision,…but it can have a significant impact on the overall process.…This is also important if you're sharing…editing responsibilities with someone else.…Make sure that your system…and the other person's systems…are compatible in that you are operating…
Emmy-winning director Eduardo Angel knows filmmakers can be overwhelmed by the amount of post-production options. In this course, he takes you behind the scenes, sharing insights to help you maximize your post-production process while minimizing the impact to your budget. Eduardo focuses on the essential post-production steps and how to implement technical and creative solutions that help accomplish your vision. He shows you an entire post-production process, including planning, editing your film, working with a composer, adding audio, working with color, and distributing your project.
- Selecting an NLE (nonlinear editor)
- Preparing assets for editing
- Storing and backing up your files
- Evaluating scenes and takes to make selections
- Fine-tuning the edit
- Enhancing the story with audio
- Working with a composer
- Finishing the piece with color grading
- Distributing your project