Join Eduardo Angel for an in-depth discussion in this video Distributing your project, part of Video Post Production for Low-Budget Films.
- So we shoot our film.…The editing and the grading are amazing,…and let's not even talk about music.…We're ready to submit our film…to every single film fest in the universe.…And of course, we can expect that they're gonna…love it as much as we do, right?…Not so fast.…A recent study found that there are around 3,500…to 4,000 active film festivals around the world.…At first, that sounds like, wow,…there are great opportunities to show our work.…
But another study shows that from almost…12,000 films submitted to Sundance in 2012,…only 181 were accepted.…From those 181, only 73 got distribution deals.…So not even one percent of the films…submitted found distribution.…The good news is that things are changing fast.…With the explosion of video-on-demand platforms…like in Netflix and Hulu, Amazon Prime, iTunes,…and many others, this year and last,…a much higher percentage of the films accepted…got some kind of theatrical distribution deal.…
If you're not ready to submit your film just yet,…I encourage you to attend film festivals.…
Emmy-winning director Eduardo Angel knows filmmakers can be overwhelmed by the amount of post-production options. In this course, he takes you behind the scenes, sharing insights to help you maximize your post-production process while minimizing the impact to your budget. Eduardo focuses on the essential post-production steps and how to implement technical and creative solutions that help accomplish your vision. He shows you an entire post-production process, including planning, editing your film, working with a composer, adding audio, working with color, and distributing your project.
- Selecting an NLE (nonlinear editor)
- Preparing assets for editing
- Storing and backing up your files
- Evaluating scenes and takes to make selections
- Fine-tuning the edit
- Enhancing the story with audio
- Working with a composer
- Finishing the piece with color grading
- Distributing your project