Join Eduardo Angel for an in-depth discussion in this video Building the story, part of Video Post Production for Low-Budget Films.
- After we imported and organized our project,…it was time to start the actual edit.…The fun begins.…Just like in production, you don't need to…edit your entire project in sequence.…Pick a scene and start putting together the pieces.…In our case we put a lot of time into the pre-production…from crafting storyboards, designing shot lists,…and actually going so far as pre-shooting…the entire film on a cell phone.…
So we decided to edit from the top.…Now let's take a look at the evolution of the first scene…of our film from storyboard to pre-shoot,…to the final version.…Notice how much our sequence changed…from the original sketches.…We added in some additional angles…and cutaways and incorporated some camera movement…that we shot as alternate versions on set.…Sometimes a shoot will follow the storyboard…right down to the smallest detail.…
Take a look at this amazing storyboard…from Alfred Hitchcock's film, Psycho.…Obviously every director has a different approach…but this kind of super detailed vision…is something that may not even come…
Emmy-winning director Eduardo Angel knows filmmakers can be overwhelmed by the amount of post-production options. In this course, he takes you behind the scenes, sharing insights to help you maximize your post-production process while minimizing the impact to your budget. Eduardo focuses on the essential post-production steps and how to implement technical and creative solutions that help accomplish your vision. He shows you an entire post-production process, including planning, editing your film, working with a composer, adding audio, working with color, and distributing your project.
- Selecting an NLE (nonlinear editor)
- Preparing assets for editing
- Storing and backing up your files
- Evaluating scenes and takes to make selections
- Fine-tuning the edit
- Enhancing the story with audio
- Working with a composer
- Finishing the piece with color grading
- Distributing your project