Join Cliff Goldmacher for an in-depth discussion in this video A song under 2 minutes is fine if that's all you have to say, part of One-Minute Songwriting Tips.
- A song under two minutes is fine,…if that's all you have to say.…Don't force yourself to write more,…if you've covered everything.…If your verses tell the story,…if your chorus summarizes your main point,…that's kind of it.…Look at The Beatles, they wrote tons of super short songs.…When you're done, you're done, kind of like this tip.…
Listen to the songs Cliff references in the course by subscribing to his Spotify playlist, Cliff's Weekly Songwriting Tips.
- Writing lyrics that are easy to sing
- Putting the message in the chorus
- Being productive at home
- Putting the hook at the end of the chorus
- Keeping rhyme schemes consistent
- Using repetition in melodies
- Making rough recordings
- Reading poetry for inspiration
- Writing at a regular time
- Taking a writing assignment
- Cutting down a song's length
Skill Level Beginner
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.