Songwriting is about patience. Patience with yourself and patience with the process. Keep going! It's hard to be patient when you're passionate about something but it's worth it, says veteran songwriter Cliff Goldmacher in this songwriting training video.
- [Instructor] Longevity in songwriting … is all about patience. … Patience with yourself, patience with the process, … all of it. … The key here is to realize that your passion … for what it is you're doing takes time … to sort of make its way out into the world … and do what ultimately songs need to do, … which is connect with other people and generate income, … all of the things that are the big part of our end game … take a lot of time. … It's hard to be patient … when you're passionate about something. … But it is essential to be patient. … …
- Sitting down to write
- Finding inspiration in literature
- Making it personal
- Overcoming fear
- Finding the best time to write
- Learning the business of music
- Learning from peers
- Finding a collaborator
- Building your catalog
- Performing your songs live
- Pitching your songs
- Being persistent and resilient
- Balancing patience and impatience
- Remembering your motivation
- Counting your blessings
- Writing what moves you
Skill Level Beginner
Songwriting Techniques with Chordswith Julian Velard2h Intermediate
1. Songwriting Pointers
2. Songwriting Career Tips
3. The Big Picture
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.