Join Bobby Owsinski for an in-depth discussion in this video An overview of the Ad Manager, part of Social Media Promotion for Musicians, Artists, and Engineers.
- [Instructor] The next step up from promoting your posts…is placing ads on Facebook, and that's done…with part of the platform known as the ads manager.…There are full courses centered around Facebook advertising,…as it can be a pretty deep subject.…So we'll only scratch the surface, here.…This should be enough to get you placing your own ads,…though, or even promoting your posts with much more…precise targeting than from boosting them.…So this is what the ads manager looks like.…And you have to understand the hierarchy of the ads manager.…
The first thing is there's a campaign.…And you can see, these are all the campaigns…that I've used, over the last year or so,…and what'll happen here is this breaks down…to what's known as ad sets.…So now, I have three ad sets, and the ad sets…are targeted, and this is where you do your targeting from,…they're targeted at the UK, the US, and Canada.…And if I click on one, let's just click on the UK,…here, for instance, then we go to the ads,…now, the advantage of this is I can have several ads.…
- Reviewing the biggest trends in online marketing for musicians
- Developing your social media strategy and online brand
- Determining how often to post on social media
- Marketing through your website
- Selecting and using a mailing list service
- Getting fans to sign up for your mailing list
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for marketing
- Marketing with a blog
- Optimizing your YouTube channel
- Increasing YouTube engagement
- Getting your music on Spotify and other streaming service playlists
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Music Law: Recording, Management, Rights, and Performance Contractswith Richard Stim1h 40m Appropriate for all
1. What Online Marketing Can and Can’t Do for You
2. Online Marketing Basics
3. Marketing through Your Website
4. Marketing with Your Mailing List
5. Using Facebook for Marketing
6. Using Twitter for Marketing
7. Marketing with a Blog
8. Marketing with YouTube
9. Using Instagram for Marketing
10. Using LinkedIn for Marketing
11. Marketing Your Music with Playlists
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.