- [Narrator] Social Media constantly evolves…along with how we use it,…especially for marketing and promotion.…That means that the way something was used a few years ago,…might be different today and that's certainly the case…with hashtags.…Here are a few hashtag dos and don'ts…as they apply to promotional use today.…Do use hashtags on Twitter and Instagram.…These networks are built for hashtags and postings…and users depend on them,…especially when it comes to search.…Don't use them on Facebook.…Most users don't like them in this context,…and they can actually do more harm than good.…
Do choose your hashtags carefully.…Just because you create one…doesn't mean that anyone will use it.…If it's not relevant to you, your music, or your brand,…it's probably not worth using.…Don't over overemphasize your brand name.…Not everything has to be about your brand or music.…Do use them in marketing materials.…If you have strong hashtags associated with your brand…be sure to include them in everything you do…online and offline.…
- Reviewing the biggest trends in online marketing for musicians
- Developing your social media strategy and online brand
- Determining how often to post on social media
- Marketing through your website
- Selecting and using a mailing list service
- Getting fans to sign up for your mailing list
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for marketing
- Marketing with a blog
- Optimizing your YouTube channel
- Increasing YouTube engagement
- Getting your music on Spotify and other streaming service playlists
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Online Marketing Can and Can’t Do for You
2. Online Marketing Basics
3. Marketing through Your Website
4. Marketing with Your Mailing List
5. Using Facebook for Marketing
6. Using Twitter for Marketing
7. Marketing with a Blog
8. Marketing with YouTube
9. Using Instagram for Marketing
10. Using LinkedIn for Marketing
11. Marketing Your Music with Playlists
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.