Join Bobby Owsinski for an in-depth discussion in this video The keys to a successful online strategy, part of Social Media Promotion for Musicians, Artists, and Engineers.
- [Narrator] Although you'll find plenty…of detailed information in this course…about most aspects of your online strategy…here are five basic steps you'll need to take…in order to prepare for online promotion.…Number one, make your website your online focal point.…Make sure that all of your information…is curated there, and is easy for site visitors to find.…Later in the course, you'll see what a modern artist website…needs to looks like and how it should function.…Number two, create accounts…on the big four social networks.…
The big four social networks are currently…Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.…Not necessarily in that order.…You can't be everywhere at once.…Even if you could, it would take so much time that you'd…never have any time to make music,…which is what we're trying to avoid.…That said, in order to get the most out of…social media marketing, you need the following:…A Facebook page, regardless of how you feel about…Facebook, you still need a presence on it…for no other reason than it's easy proximity…
- Reviewing the biggest trends in online marketing for musicians
- Developing your social media strategy and online brand
- Determining how often to post on social media
- Marketing through your website
- Selecting and using a mailing list service
- Getting fans to sign up for your mailing list
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for marketing
- Marketing with a blog
- Optimizing your YouTube channel
- Increasing YouTube engagement
- Getting your music on Spotify and other streaming service playlists
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Music Law: Recording, Management, Rights, and Performance Contractswith Richard Stim1h 40m Appropriate for all
1. What Online Marketing Can and Can’t Do for You
2. Online Marketing Basics
3. Marketing through Your Website
4. Marketing with Your Mailing List
5. Using Facebook for Marketing
6. Using Twitter for Marketing
7. Marketing with a Blog
8. Marketing with YouTube
9. Using Instagram for Marketing
10. Using LinkedIn for Marketing
11. Marketing Your Music with Playlists
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.