Take a look at what makes some videos go viral.
- [Instructor] Everyone would love for their video…to be like Psy's Gangnam Style…and go viral with millions of views overnight,…but that rarely happens.…That said, there are a number…of generally accepted principles for creating a video…that has a chance to go viral.…It seems pretty obvious,…but videos have a much better chance of going viral…if they're short,…mostly because that's what our attention span…demands these days.…You'll see that most viral videos…cause you to laugh or gasp.…Anything else, and your viewers…probably aren't going to want to share it…with their friends.…You have a greater chance to go viral…if your content is about something currently popular,…though there are perennials like cats and babies…that never seem to go out of style.…
Don't force trying to be funny,…since that can be most unfunny.…One thing that turns people off…is asking them to like, share, or comment on the video.…If they enjoy your video,…they'll do all these things naturally…and won't need to be reminded.…Viral videos are hard enough to create,…
- Reviewing the biggest trends in online marketing for musicians
- Developing your social media strategy and online brand
- Determining how often to post on social media
- Marketing through your website
- Selecting and using a mailing list service
- Getting fans to sign up for your mailing list
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for marketing
- Marketing with a blog
- Optimizing your YouTube channel
- Increasing YouTube engagement
- Getting your music on Spotify and other streaming service playlists
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Online Marketing Can and Can’t Do for You
2. Online Marketing Basics
3. Marketing through Your Website
4. Marketing with Your Mailing List
5. Using Facebook for Marketing
6. Using Twitter for Marketing
7. Marketing with a Blog
8. Marketing with YouTube
9. Using Instagram for Marketing
10. Using LinkedIn for Marketing
11. Marketing Your Music with Playlists
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.