Learn why the invisible description is so important to your search engine ranking.
- [Instructor] Search engine optimization is a process…of designing or fine tuning your site so that it appears…friendly to Google and the other search engines.…There are a number of techniques for this,…but let's begin with one of the most basic,…the site description, which is key in determining…your search ranking.…The description is invisible text…that tells the search engines what your site is all about.…When you do a search, this is the text that comes up…describing your page.…Let's start with looking at a fairly famous site.…We'll look at Gibson,…for all of the guitar players watching this.…
Let's just do a google search for Gibson.…And, you can see what comes comes up as gibson.com.…All of this here is the description.…Official Gibson site, buy acoustic guitars,…Epiphone, or Les Paul,…electric guitars, bass guitar packages, and banjos.…Now, also, these right here are actual links on the pages…within the site.…So, if we just click on it here in Gibson guitar,…take notice that nowhere in this site…do you see that description.…
- Reviewing the biggest trends in online marketing for musicians
- Developing your social media strategy and online brand
- Determining how often to post on social media
- Marketing through your website
- Selecting and using a mailing list service
- Getting fans to sign up for your mailing list
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for marketing
- Marketing with a blog
- Optimizing your YouTube channel
- Increasing YouTube engagement
- Getting your music on Spotify and other streaming service playlists
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Online Marketing Can and Can’t Do for You
2. Online Marketing Basics
3. Marketing through Your Website
4. Marketing with Your Mailing List
5. Using Facebook for Marketing
6. Using Twitter for Marketing
7. Marketing with a Blog
8. Marketing with YouTube
9. Using Instagram for Marketing
10. Using LinkedIn for Marketing
11. Marketing Your Music with Playlists
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.