Learn about various techniques for finding keywords to be used as hashtags.
- [Narrator] Hashtags are simply key words…with the pound sign in front of them.…It's an unofficial feature of Twitter…that's now widely accepted and supported…and is an easy way for people to search for…and find a particular topic.…It's also the best way to build your Twitter following.…Here's how it works using one of my own Tweets.…This is a simple Tweet complete with a shortened URL link.…At the end are the hashtags merch and bands.…That means that anyone that does a Twitter search…for those key words will see my post…and follow me if they're so inclined.…
Here's another way I could have used the hashtags…in this Tweet.…In this case, I embedded the hashtag directly…into the Tweet text.…This works too,…but some find it too difficult to read…which can quickly turn into a negative…for less sophisticated users that think they're looking…at some sort of code they don't understand.…Leaving some room at the end for the tags…works a lot better.…Here's another example.…In this case, there are three hashtags at the end…
- Reviewing the biggest trends in online marketing for musicians
- Developing your social media strategy and online brand
- Determining how often to post on social media
- Marketing through your website
- Selecting and using a mailing list service
- Getting fans to sign up for your mailing list
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for marketing
- Marketing with a blog
- Optimizing your YouTube channel
- Increasing YouTube engagement
- Getting your music on Spotify and other streaming service playlists
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Online Marketing Can and Can’t Do for You
2. Online Marketing Basics
3. Marketing through Your Website
4. Marketing with Your Mailing List
5. Using Facebook for Marketing
6. Using Twitter for Marketing
7. Marketing with a Blog
8. Marketing with YouTube
9. Using Instagram for Marketing
10. Using LinkedIn for Marketing
11. Marketing Your Music with Playlists
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.