Join Bobby Owsinski for an in-depth discussion in this video The best times to post on social media, part of Social Media Promotion for Musicians, Artists, and Engineers.
- [Instructor] When it comes to social media marketing,…the time of day that you post can be just as critical…as the content that you're posting.…There are some generally accepted post times…that apply to various networks,…but some new research has tweaked those a little.…Remember that we're looking primarily at a U.S. audience.…It's best to combine Eastern and Central time zones,…since that represents almost 80%…of the U.S. population.…So all times given here are for the Eastern time zone.…Obviously, for audiences located outside the U.S.,…you use the time zone that your audience is in.…
So let's get into it.…The overall best time to post on Facebook…is 3 p.m. on Wednesday,…but other good times include 12 to 1 p.m.…on Saturdays and Sundays,…and 1 to 4 p.m. on Thursdays and Fridays.…Engagement rates are 18% higher…on Thursdays and Fridays,…and weekends from 1 to 4 p.m.…tend to see the highest click-through rates.…Although the research says that Facebook use spikes…by 10% on Fridays, I've personally not seen that happen.…
- Reviewing the biggest trends in online marketing for musicians
- Developing your social media strategy and online brand
- Determining how often to post on social media
- Marketing through your website
- Selecting and using a mailing list service
- Getting fans to sign up for your mailing list
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for marketing
- Marketing with a blog
- Optimizing your YouTube channel
- Increasing YouTube engagement
- Getting your music on Spotify and other streaming service playlists
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Online Marketing Can and Can’t Do for You
2. Online Marketing Basics
3. Marketing through Your Website
4. Marketing with Your Mailing List
5. Using Facebook for Marketing
6. Using Twitter for Marketing
7. Marketing with a Blog
8. Marketing with YouTube
9. Using Instagram for Marketing
10. Using LinkedIn for Marketing
11. Marketing Your Music with Playlists
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.