Join Bobby Owsinski for an in-depth discussion in this video The best metric to use to see if your online marketing is working, part of Social Media Promotion for Musicians, Artists, and Engineers.
- [Instructor] When we think of online audience engagement,…we usually think of views, streams, or likes.…There's a lot more to it than that though,…as this infographic from Statista shows…how industry insiders evaluate true engagement.…As you can see, shares are the number one…most valuable engagement element,…closely followed by the actual amount…of time users dwell on a post.…The number of comments is also high on the list,…but page and video views and page visitors less so,…mostly because many can be quick bounces…that leave after a few seconds.…
So the share is the most important metric…when it really comes…to measuring your true online engagement.…The whole idea is to post content that makes your users want…to watch or read all the way through…then share with their friends…and maybe even leave a comment.…While this can't be done with every post,…the more you can do it,…the more likely you'll have an energized following.…
- Reviewing the biggest trends in online marketing for musicians
- Developing your social media strategy and online brand
- Determining how often to post on social media
- Marketing through your website
- Selecting and using a mailing list service
- Getting fans to sign up for your mailing list
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for marketing
- Marketing with a blog
- Optimizing your YouTube channel
- Increasing YouTube engagement
- Getting your music on Spotify and other streaming service playlists
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Online Marketing Can and Can’t Do for You
2. Online Marketing Basics
3. Marketing through Your Website
4. Marketing with Your Mailing List
5. Using Facebook for Marketing
6. Using Twitter for Marketing
7. Marketing with a Blog
8. Marketing with YouTube
9. Using Instagram for Marketing
10. Using LinkedIn for Marketing
11. Marketing Your Music with Playlists
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.