Take a look at the press section of an artist's website.
- [Instructor] If a musician, artist or band…has a press section on their site at all,…you'd think it's just for a list of press releases.…But it's not called a press release section…because it can be so much more than that.…A well crafted press section can help you get…press coverage and gigs, if you provide anything…about your band that you think…a journalist or promoter might need.…Here are some of the essential items…that every website press section should have.…Yes, print is dying, but it's still with us,…and can have a huge impact.…You never know when you or your product…will get a mention in a newspaper, magazine or book.…
A picture says a thousand words,…and you'd rather someone use one of yours…on their blog or website, than just supplying a link.…Make it easy for them, but give…them a variety to choose from.…It's surprising how often logo graphics are overlooked.…But they're just as important…as your photos, and other graphics.…Maybe you have an About Us or About Me…section on your website or blog.…Putting a more complete bio, or even a link to it…
- Reviewing the biggest trends in online marketing for musicians
- Developing your social media strategy and online brand
- Determining how often to post on social media
- Marketing through your website
- Selecting and using a mailing list service
- Getting fans to sign up for your mailing list
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for marketing
- Marketing with a blog
- Optimizing your YouTube channel
- Increasing YouTube engagement
- Getting your music on Spotify and other streaming service playlists
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Music Law: Recording, Management, Rights, and Performance Contractswith Richard Stim1h 40m Appropriate for all
1. What Online Marketing Can and Can’t Do for You
2. Online Marketing Basics
3. Marketing through Your Website
4. Marketing with Your Mailing List
5. Using Facebook for Marketing
6. Using Twitter for Marketing
7. Marketing with a Blog
8. Marketing with YouTube
9. Using Instagram for Marketing
10. Using LinkedIn for Marketing
11. Marketing Your Music with Playlists
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.