Get a general overview of website design.
- [Bobby] The look of your site is all-important in…that it has to adequately reflect your musical brand,…but it has to engage your visitor as well.…That said, here are a number of basic points…to consider with your design.…Keep the most important content "above the fold,"…or at the top of the screen where…the reader doesn't have to scroll down.…Here's an example with my own bobbyowsinski.com page.…As you can see, the most important part…is the rotating banner here.…If we were to go down a page, now this is below the fold.…You can see there's lots of other information on the page,…but the most important is at the top.…
Watch out for clutter, achieve a balanced layout…by designing no more than three focal points…by using the big, medium and small strategy.…Once again, if we go back to my website,…you can see that here, and that you have big,…medium and small, and that you don't have…a lot of clutter, there's lots of whitespace.…The big, of course, is the banner, and that's…the thing that draws your eyes to the middle of it.…
- Reviewing the biggest trends in online marketing for musicians
- Developing your social media strategy and online brand
- Determining how often to post on social media
- Marketing through your website
- Selecting and using a mailing list service
- Getting fans to sign up for your mailing list
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for marketing
- Marketing with a blog
- Optimizing your YouTube channel
- Increasing YouTube engagement
- Getting your music on Spotify and other streaming service playlists
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Music Law: Recording, Management, Rights, and Performance Contractswith Richard Stim1h 40m Appropriate for all
1. What Online Marketing Can and Can’t Do for You
2. Online Marketing Basics
3. Marketing through Your Website
4. Marketing with Your Mailing List
5. Using Facebook for Marketing
6. Using Twitter for Marketing
7. Marketing with a Blog
8. Marketing with YouTube
9. Using Instagram for Marketing
10. Using LinkedIn for Marketing
11. Marketing Your Music with Playlists
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.