Look at how your videos fit into the big video picture.
- [Voiceover] If a picture is worth a thousand words,…then a video is definitely worth a heck of a lot more.…That's why YouTube is one of the most powerful networks…available for marketing an artist, band, or brand.…YouTube has the ability to visually reach so many people…in such a short amount of time…that you can almost consider it a social force multiplier…that grows in power every day.…As an example, it was only back in 2009…when singer Susan Boyle had a huge viral hit…with a hundred million views.…At the time, we thought that was an enormous number.…
Fast forward to 2012 and K-pop singer PSY…had the most widely viewed YouTube hit ever…with more than 2.7 billion, yes that's with a B,…since it was released in 2012.…1.6 of those coming in the first six months.…Since then, more than 35 other artists…have joined them in the billion views class.…And in some cases, it's taken even less time…to reach that mark.…Chances are good that you'll never hit that number of views,…but there's a very good chance…that someone might discover your music on YouTube.…
- Reviewing the biggest trends in online marketing for musicians
- Developing your social media strategy and online brand
- Determining how often to post on social media
- Marketing through your website
- Selecting and using a mailing list service
- Getting fans to sign up for your mailing list
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for marketing
- Marketing with a blog
- Optimizing your YouTube channel
- Increasing YouTube engagement
- Getting your music on Spotify and other streaming service playlists
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Online Marketing Can and Can’t Do for You
2. Online Marketing Basics
3. Marketing through Your Website
4. Marketing with Your Mailing List
5. Using Facebook for Marketing
6. Using Twitter for Marketing
7. Marketing with a Blog
8. Marketing with YouTube
9. Using Instagram for Marketing
10. Using LinkedIn for Marketing
11. Marketing Your Music with Playlists
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.