Learn how to set up and use Really Simple Syndication.
- [Instructor] RSS stands for real simple syndication…and allows people to easily stay informed…by retrieving the latest content…from the sites they're interested in.…These posts are read through what's known as an RSS reader,…which can be either a standalone app…or built into your browser.…This saves time by not needing…to visit each site individually…or joining each site's email newsletter,…and allows someone to review a large amount of information…in a short amount of time.…For a publisher, which is you, the blog owner,…feeds permit instant distribution of content…and the ability to make it subscribable.…
RSS feeds use a universal icon like this.…Most modern web browsers handle RSS feeds…but in a limited manner.…They use an RSS feed as a dynamic bookmark folder…with automatic bookmarks to all the news in the feed.…Unlike news aggregators, browsers will not save the news…if you don't check on it every day.…Even though RSS has been the standard for web feeds…for a while now, it's often confusing…and uses non-standard conventions…
- Reviewing the biggest trends in online marketing for musicians
- Developing your social media strategy and online brand
- Determining how often to post on social media
- Marketing through your website
- Selecting and using a mailing list service
- Getting fans to sign up for your mailing list
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for marketing
- Marketing with a blog
- Optimizing your YouTube channel
- Increasing YouTube engagement
- Getting your music on Spotify and other streaming service playlists
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Music Law: Recording, Management, Rights, and Performance Contractswith Richard Stim1h 40m Appropriate for all
1. What Online Marketing Can and Can’t Do for You
2. Online Marketing Basics
3. Marketing through Your Website
4. Marketing with Your Mailing List
5. Using Facebook for Marketing
6. Using Twitter for Marketing
7. Marketing with a Blog
8. Marketing with YouTube
9. Using Instagram for Marketing
10. Using LinkedIn for Marketing
11. Marketing Your Music with Playlists
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.