Join Bobby Owsinski for an in-depth discussion in this video Your Facebook personal page, part of Social Media Promotion for Musicians, Artists, and Engineers.
- [Instructor] There are two kinds of pages…that you can have on Facebook:…a personal page and a fan page.…They're not interchangeable,…and each has its own advantages and disadvantages.…First of all, you can't administrate a fan page…unless you have a personal page as well.…So there's no getting around having one…unless someone else is administrating your fan page for you.…The next thing is that the personal page is the best place…to stay in touch with family and friends.…You can still have fans follow you,…but it's best to segment them into a feature called lists.…This will allow you to communicate…just with the people you wish…so you can keep things private if necessary.…
To do this, scroll down to the group or friend section…on your homepage.…Click on the Create List button.…Then name the list and add the appropriate friends.…Finally, hit the Create button in order to create your list.…Perhaps the two biggest reasons…why a personal page is no substitute…for a fan page is the fact…that a personal page can have a maximum of 5,000 friends.…
- Reviewing the biggest trends in online marketing for musicians
- Developing your social media strategy and online brand
- Determining how often to post on social media
- Marketing through your website
- Selecting and using a mailing list service
- Getting fans to sign up for your mailing list
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for marketing
- Marketing with a blog
- Optimizing your YouTube channel
- Increasing YouTube engagement
- Getting your music on Spotify and other streaming service playlists
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Music Law: Recording, Management, Rights, and Performance Contractswith Richard Stim1h 40m Appropriate for all
1. What Online Marketing Can and Can’t Do for You
2. Online Marketing Basics
3. Marketing through Your Website
4. Marketing with Your Mailing List
5. Using Facebook for Marketing
6. Using Twitter for Marketing
7. Marketing with a Blog
8. Marketing with YouTube
9. Using Instagram for Marketing
10. Using LinkedIn for Marketing
11. Marketing Your Music with Playlists
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.