Join Bobby Owsinski for an in-depth discussion in this video Your Facebook fan page, part of Social Media Promotion for Musicians, Artists, and Engineers.
- [Narrator] The Fan Page differs from a personal page…in that you can have an unlimited number of likes…and access to Facebook Analytics,…but it also has a number of…additional advantages beyond that.…These are the things other than the…privacy aspect that make a Fan Page attractive.…The first is Pinning posts on the Timeline.…If there's a particular post that you would like to…appear at the top of your timeline,…the Administrator, which is hopefully you,…can pin it there.…This will keep the post at the top…of the page for seven days.…
After that, it will return…to the date when it was posted.…This ensures that everyone will see that…particular post for a week,…at which time it's probably old news anyway.…To pin a post, click on the Edit button…on the top right of the post.…So let's look for an older post.…Let's just say something from,…in this case, last week.…So, we'll go up to the right,…pin to the top of the page,…and there it is, and of course at any time…we can unpin it by just saying unpin.…
The beauty of a Fan Page…
- Reviewing the biggest trends in online marketing for musicians
- Developing your social media strategy and online brand
- Determining how often to post on social media
- Marketing through your website
- Selecting and using a mailing list service
- Getting fans to sign up for your mailing list
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for marketing
- Marketing with a blog
- Optimizing your YouTube channel
- Increasing YouTube engagement
- Getting your music on Spotify and other streaming service playlists
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Music Law: Recording, Management, Rights, and Performance Contractswith Richard Stim1h 40m Appropriate for all
1. What Online Marketing Can and Can’t Do for You
2. Online Marketing Basics
3. Marketing through Your Website
4. Marketing with Your Mailing List
5. Using Facebook for Marketing
6. Using Twitter for Marketing
7. Marketing with a Blog
8. Marketing with YouTube
9. Using Instagram for Marketing
10. Using LinkedIn for Marketing
11. Marketing Your Music with Playlists
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.