Join Lari in her studio in Nashville, Tennessee, where she introduces the next series of videos, which deal with the use of yoga to engage your body and prepare your mind and spirit for the practice and performance of singing.
- Welcome to Nashville, Tennessee.…Yes, we've had a change of venue here for these lessons.…This is actually my recording studio.…We call it The Holler because we're tucked out here…in a holler in the hills of Tennessee,…we're surrounded by woods and this is my happy place.…I'm happy to bring you here with me.…We're going to do a little work in the studio…and we're going to start with this section…that I think of as the spirit in this scheme…of the whole singer body, mind, and spirit.…
We've got a few lessons here that are focused…on the spiritual, the spirit aspect of you…as a human being, and you as a singer,…so we're going to do a few lessons here…that we're going to do some yoga,…which of course is engaging your body,…but we're going to approach it as an opportunity…to really meditate and bring our attention…into a purposeful place so that we can prepare ourselves…for a rehearsal, prepare ourselves for a performance,…or just start our day.…
So, we're going to focus for a few lessons here…on the spirit aspect of being a singer.…
Note: This course was recorded and produced by ArtistWorks. We're pleased to host this training in our library.
- Understanding scales, chords, and intervals
- Range and register
- Ear training
- Warming up your voice and body
- Building a warm-up routine
- Using yoga for the practice and performance of singing
- Shaping your vocal sound