Lari has been utilizing the benefits of yoga as a singer for many years. Here, she shares some of her go-to routines that can help you bring your focus into the act of singing. This video covers a breathing exercise that helps to connect you with your breathing apparatus, so that when you get into singing mode, you have the muscle memory to know how to best control your air.
- We're talking about, in the whole singer mind,…body, spirit world, we're talking about…the spirit focus and fortunately this lesson…touches on spirit and also on the body…on the physical.…It's kind of an integrating practice.…I use yoga, and have for like the last 20 years…to practice breathing, to practice focus.…I found it to be an incredibly valuable tool…in pretty much every aspect of my life.…
But particularly as a singer.…So I wanted to share with you some of my practice.…Kind of my go-to things that I do in yoga.…I'm not a yoga instructor.…There's lots of great yoga instruction online…that you can find.…So I highly encourage that you find some yoga…instructors online and continue to explore this world,…if you're not into yoga already.…Yoga for singers can be applied in so many ways.…
It's a great practice to bring your focus…into your intention of approaching the act of singing,…being a vocalist.…Clearing your mind, it's a very meditative practice.…It's also an excellent way to practice breathing.…To get in touch with your breathing system…
Note: This course was recorded and produced by ArtistWorks. We're pleased to host this training in our library.
- Understanding scales, chords, and intervals
- Range and register
- Ear training
- Warming up your voice and body
- Building a warm-up routine
- Using yoga for the practice and performance of singing
- Shaping your vocal sound