When you're given a gift like the ability to write songs. It's your responsibility to develop that gift. The proper thing to do with a gift is develop it, according to songwriter and music producer Cliff Goldmacher in this online songwriting video.
- [Narrator] Part of being given a gift is … the responsibility that goes along with receiving that gift. … In other words, if you have been given the gift … of being able to write songs my perspective is … that it is then your responsiblity … to do what you can to develop that gift … to the best of your ability. … In other words, the gift is something … that was given to us but the responsiblity comes in … when we then choose through our own effort … to develop that gift. … That to me is where the real payoff comes … in your songwriting. … …
- Sitting down to write
- Finding inspiration in literature
- Making it personal
- Overcoming fear
- Finding the best time to write
- Learning the business of music
- Learning from peers
- Finding a collaborator
- Building your catalog
- Performing your songs live
- Pitching your songs
- Being persistent and resilient
- Balancing patience and impatience
- Remembering your motivation
- Counting your blessings
- Writing what moves you
Skill Level Beginner
Songwriting Techniques with Chordswith Julian Velard2h Intermediate
1. Songwriting Pointers
2. Songwriting Career Tips
3. The Big Picture
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.