Find and identify the feeling and comfort of moving between your registers singing up and down the range between head and chest voice. Practicing this way helps to build resonance and strength in your singing voice.
- This is a simple exercise to help us…identify the feeling of chest voice,…and then really connect with the change of resonance…that we're wanting to create…as we move into these transitional notes…between our chest and head voice.…I'm going to start on a B flat.…Guys, you'll want to start probably on an E flat or F…and work this exercise on your own.…
But here's what I'm going to be thinking about.…I'm going to start on an E vowel,…but as I get up into the top note of this five note scale,…I'm going to open to an "ah".…An "ah" with my tongue forward…and relaxed,…and…my yawn…happening where I can really feel my resonant chamber,…my soft palate opening up,…and space being created…inside my head and above my throat.…
And in a very relaxed way,…I'll be going from an E to an "ah".…We're going to go up five notes and back down,…opening up to an "ah" on the top notes.…♫ E-E-E-E ah-ah-ah-ah-ah…♫ E-E-E-E ah-ah-ah-ah-ah…♫ E-E-E-E ah-ah-ah-ah-ah…You can hear, I'm almost putting a Y--…♫ Yah…That helps keep my tongue forward…and the sound spinning in resonance towards the front,…
Note: This course was recorded and produced by ArtistWorks. We're pleased to host this training in our library.
- Singing harmony and straight tone
- Crafting your vocal tone
- Using vibrato and messa di voce
- Working with the chest and head voice
- Singing in a low or high register
- Selecting a microphone for live performance and recording
- Understanding the Nashville Number System
Skill Level Beginner
1. Singing Harmony and Straight Tone
2. Crafting Your Vocal Tone
3. Working with the Chest and Head Voice
4. Exploring Vocal Textures and Styles
5. Singing Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.