Join Bobby Owsinski for an in-depth discussion in this video Why playlists are so important, part of Social Media Promotion for Musicians, Artists, and Engineers.
- [Instructor] If a track is added to a popular playlist…it's streams will spike and listeners will add it…to their personal playlist…which sometimes adds a viral element that spreads…to playlists on other networks as well.…What's more, hot playlists are watched by radio programmers…to see both what's trending and what's not.…Not surprisingly, pay to play has come to the digital age…as a new form of payola now attempts to influence…what consumers listen to.…Playlist promotion or Playola has become a big part…of the promotional campaigns for many managers and labels.…
Prices for playlist promotion can be as little as…$100 for a small blogger with a modest following…to as much as $10,00 for a six week campaign…for a major playlist owner.…A quick Google search will find you dozens…or promotion companies that specialize in getting…your songs on playlists everywhere.…Just like in the old days of radio promotion…competition is now fierce with these playlist spots.…So don't be surprised if the prices continue to rise.…
- Reviewing the biggest trends in online marketing for musicians
- Developing your social media strategy and online brand
- Determining how often to post on social media
- Marketing through your website
- Selecting and using a mailing list service
- Getting fans to sign up for your mailing list
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for marketing
- Marketing with a blog
- Optimizing your YouTube channel
- Increasing YouTube engagement
- Getting your music on Spotify and other streaming service playlists
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Online Marketing Can and Can’t Do for You
2. Online Marketing Basics
3. Marketing through Your Website
4. Marketing with Your Mailing List
5. Using Facebook for Marketing
6. Using Twitter for Marketing
7. Marketing with a Blog
8. Marketing with YouTube
9. Using Instagram for Marketing
10. Using LinkedIn for Marketing
11. Marketing Your Music with Playlists
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.