Take a look at the reasons why some blogs are unsuccessful.
- [Instructor] I described the reasons…why blogs are successful in a previous video,…and those are important.…Just as important are five million reasons…why blogs never get any traction…or can't keep readers after they get them.…They are inconsistent posting.…Assuming that you have something to say,…a knack for saying it,…and people who want to hear it,…the biggest reason why a blog fails…is because it's not updated on a consistent enough basis.…The more you post,…the more likely your blog will find followers.…The more consistently you post,…the more regularly they'll read.…
Nonrelevant posts.…All good blogs have a theme.…It can be narrow like my Big Picture blog…is about music production,…while my Music 3.0 blog is about the music industry,…or it could be wide,…like from your daily life, perhaps.…But the fact is that readers come to your blog…expecting a consistent theme.…If your posts are suddenly off topic,…that's when you see the most reader attrition occur.…Find your theme,…then stay on topic as much as you can.…
- Reviewing the biggest trends in online marketing for musicians
- Developing your social media strategy and online brand
- Determining how often to post on social media
- Marketing through your website
- Selecting and using a mailing list service
- Getting fans to sign up for your mailing list
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for marketing
- Marketing with a blog
- Optimizing your YouTube channel
- Increasing YouTube engagement
- Getting your music on Spotify and other streaming service playlists
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Music Law: Recording, Management, Rights, and Performance Contractswith Richard Stim1h 40m Appropriate for all
1. What Online Marketing Can and Can’t Do for You
2. Online Marketing Basics
3. Marketing through Your Website
4. Marketing with Your Mailing List
5. Using Facebook for Marketing
6. Using Twitter for Marketing
7. Marketing with a Blog
8. Marketing with YouTube
9. Using Instagram for Marketing
10. Using LinkedIn for Marketing
11. Marketing Your Music with Playlists
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.