Join Bobby Owsinski for an in-depth discussion in this video What should I say?, part of Social Media Promotion for Musicians, Artists, and Engineers.
- [Instructor] Using Facebook for promotion…is a completely different animal…than using it for personal use.…Everything you post should have some thought put into it…to get the best interaction.…A major concern that artists have is being afraid…that they don't have enough to say.…Believe it or not, if you're popular enough to have fans,…then you also have plenty to say…that they'll be interested in.…Here are some ideas to start with.…Fans love details,…so don't be afraid to tell them where you're recording…and why you chose the studio, location, or rehearsal space.…Other information that superfans want are things like…how long it took to record or mix a song,…when either it was or will be released,…and how the players, directors, producer,…and engineer was hired.…
Every song came from somewhere,…and fans love to know when, where, and how it was created.…If you didn't write the song,…you can still tell them what you did…to bring the song to fruition…during rehearsals, pre-production, or recording.…The same goes for the concept of a video.…
- Reviewing the biggest trends in online marketing for musicians
- Developing your social media strategy and online brand
- Determining how often to post on social media
- Marketing through your website
- Selecting and using a mailing list service
- Getting fans to sign up for your mailing list
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for marketing
- Marketing with a blog
- Optimizing your YouTube channel
- Increasing YouTube engagement
- Getting your music on Spotify and other streaming service playlists
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Online Marketing Can and Can’t Do for You
2. Online Marketing Basics
3. Marketing through Your Website
4. Marketing with Your Mailing List
5. Using Facebook for Marketing
6. Using Twitter for Marketing
7. Marketing with a Blog
8. Marketing with YouTube
9. Using Instagram for Marketing
10. Using LinkedIn for Marketing
11. Marketing Your Music with Playlists
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.