Join Bobby Owsinski for an in-depth discussion in this video What not to do on Instagram, part of Social Media Promotion for Musicians, Artists, and Engineers.
- [Narrator] Like all other platforms,…Instagram has both a common etiquette…and some things that violate the terms of service.…Following these hints will attract the right followers…and share the right content.…Here's some things to consider.…Don't flood your followers' feeds with too much…of the same thing.…You want your followers to anxiously await your posts.…That's not going to happen if they're bored…or annoyed by too many photos that are not relevant.…Pace your posts to keep your followers happy,…but if you're going to post a flurry of photos,…make sure that you notify them in advance…that it's going to happen.…
Don't steal images and pass them off as your own.…If you share an image, be sure to give them credit…by @mentioning them in the description of the post.…Using other images is a great way to meet other users…on Instagram, but you have to do it the right way.…Don't make irrelevant comments on the images…that others post.…Remember that all comments are public…and are shown on other people's feeds as well.…
- Reviewing the biggest trends in online marketing for musicians
- Developing your social media strategy and online brand
- Determining how often to post on social media
- Marketing through your website
- Selecting and using a mailing list service
- Getting fans to sign up for your mailing list
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for marketing
- Marketing with a blog
- Optimizing your YouTube channel
- Increasing YouTube engagement
- Getting your music on Spotify and other streaming service playlists
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Online Marketing Can and Can’t Do for You
2. Online Marketing Basics
3. Marketing through Your Website
4. Marketing with Your Mailing List
5. Using Facebook for Marketing
6. Using Twitter for Marketing
7. Marketing with a Blog
8. Marketing with YouTube
9. Using Instagram for Marketing
10. Using LinkedIn for Marketing
11. Marketing Your Music with Playlists
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.