Lari White introduces herself and gives some background and insight on her musical career. She lays out some of what's to come in the course, and her method of teaching singing.
- Hi! I am Lari White.…And I am very excited about…being the instructor for the new Artist Works Vocal Course.…I am a singer.…I've been a professional singer since I was a child.…And in the course of my career I have sung…a really wide range of styles of music.…From country records,…to soul,…gospel music,…I was in a Broadway show, I've sung jazz,…I've done symphony dates, so I come at being a singer…with a really wide range of musical styles.…
Cause I've always just loved a lot of musical styles.…And I've also worn a lot of different hats…in the music business,…and one of the ones that I enjoy the most is…producing records, and especially…working with vocalists in the studio.…So I've worked with Shawn Mullins and Toby Keith…in the studio helping them to get the best vocals…that they can get for the record that they're making.…What I'm hoping to do is to meet you wherever you are,…whether you're a beginning singer who's…just starting out,…an instrumentalist who's maybe never sung,…but wants to add that to your repertoire of skills,…
Note: This course was recorded and produced by ArtistWorks. We're pleased to host this training in our library.
- The history of singing in human culture
- Reviewing the key ingredients needed to be ready to sing
- Understanding your vocal instrument
- Caring for your voice
- Building core strength
- Developing the correct mental approach to singing
- Key terms and vocabulary of the music language
- Using a piano to find the right key
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Understanding Your Vocal Instrument
3. Core Strength Building for Singers
4. Speaking the Language of Music
Mind: The thinking singer3m 37s
5. Using a Piano to Find the Right Key
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.