Learn the many traps to avoid that cost your website viewers and search engine ranking.
- [Instructor] Here are a number of practices…that are guaranteed to turn off your visitors.…You know what they are yourself because you probably…encounter them on other sites every day.…But that doesn't mean you should emulate a bad practice.…Not only do many of the following aggravate people,…but they're death to search engines.…If you want fans to find you,…make sure these are avoided.…A splash page is an opening page with a video…or Flash animation and no information.…The whole enter here thing is to web 1.0…there's no info for the search engine to grab…and your visitors hate them.…
Avoid at all costs.…Flash animation looks cool…but sometimes people just want some info and not cartoons.…Search engines cannot read any of the info in a Flash movie…so they can be a waste of time and money.…iPhones and iPads can't display Flash…and most people hate it these days anyway.…Frames again are so web 1.0.…Sites with frames went out a long, long time ago.…Get with the times and dump these babies.…People hate pop-ups.…It doesn't matter where they come from,…
- Reviewing the biggest trends in online marketing for musicians
- Developing your social media strategy and online brand
- Determining how often to post on social media
- Marketing through your website
- Selecting and using a mailing list service
- Getting fans to sign up for your mailing list
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for marketing
- Marketing with a blog
- Optimizing your YouTube channel
- Increasing YouTube engagement
- Getting your music on Spotify and other streaming service playlists
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Online Marketing Can and Can’t Do for You
2. Online Marketing Basics
3. Marketing through Your Website
4. Marketing with Your Mailing List
5. Using Facebook for Marketing
6. Using Twitter for Marketing
7. Marketing with a Blog
8. Marketing with YouTube
9. Using Instagram for Marketing
10. Using LinkedIn for Marketing
11. Marketing Your Music with Playlists
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.