In this lesson, Jeannie Deva introduces the students to another exercise that helps with vocal resonance and tone. Using the nose buzz technique, she helps the students through the exercise and improve their singing ability.
- This particular exercise if you will,…or technique applied to pure vocal exercises…but specifically applied to song melody.…I have found to be forever,…how shall I say?…Forever surprising in terms of the way…that it develops the voice.…This is something I've introduced…and will get into more as we move along.…
The nose buzz.…Maybe sometime I'll tell you how I found this.…It was in the course of experimenting with different things…looking for some way to expand the resonance, tone,…musclees of the voice, and range.…It does a lot of things at the same time.…Now when I first discovered this,…I thought it was gonna be easy for everybody to do…and I found that it isn't always.…
So be patient if this takes a little bit of extra work…because sometimes something that's simple is hard at first…until you let yourself just peel away the extra…and find the simplicity of approach.…So just saying in case.…I'm gonna bring Parry on and I'll show you how this goes.…Okay so the first thing you do is you leave…your mouth open a little bit and you hold…
Note: The course is part 2 of the Vocal Lessons with Jeannie Deva series, recorded and produced by ArtistWorks. We are honored to host this training in our library.
- Improving breath management
- Relaxing your stomach
- Practicing rib cage exercises
- Using songs as warm-ups
- Strengthening your voice with lip trills and nose buzz
- Improving pitch and resonance
- Nailing song phrasing, timing, and dynamics
- Moving from practice to performance