Learn why a mailing list service is required and the advantages of using one.
- [Voiceover] When I wanted to send one of…my first email newsletters to a list of only about 1,200,…I was astounded to find that my internet service provider…wouldn't allow me to send more than 100 addresses…simultaneously from my company account.…That meant that I had to split my list up into 12 batches,…which made the job take a lot longer than it should have.…After a number of calls to AT&T,…I discovered that just about every ISP limits the number of…email addresses that can be attached to an email…in an attempt to keep spam in check,…yet I knew that there were companies that sent emails to…millions of addresses at a time every day.…
How did they do it?…That's when I found out about…email service providers, or ESPs.…ESPs have a deal with the various internet service providers…to screen their customers to keep the spam count low.…The only limit to how many addresses you can send to…hinges on how much money you want to spend,…since almost all ESPs work on the same principle,…the greater the number of email addresses the more it costs.…
- Reviewing the biggest trends in online marketing for musicians
- Developing your social media strategy and online brand
- Determining how often to post on social media
- Marketing through your website
- Selecting and using a mailing list service
- Getting fans to sign up for your mailing list
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for marketing
- Marketing with a blog
- Optimizing your YouTube channel
- Increasing YouTube engagement
- Getting your music on Spotify and other streaming service playlists
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Music Law: Recording, Management, Rights, and Performance Contractswith Richard Stim1h 40m Appropriate for all
1. What Online Marketing Can and Can’t Do for You
2. Online Marketing Basics
3. Marketing through Your Website
4. Marketing with Your Mailing List
5. Using Facebook for Marketing
6. Using Twitter for Marketing
7. Marketing with a Blog
8. Marketing with YouTube
9. Using Instagram for Marketing
10. Using LinkedIn for Marketing
11. Marketing Your Music with Playlists
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.