An expanded intermediate version of Turkey in the Straw that will help develop comfort playing longer streams of 8th notes and embellishing the basic melody. Tablature and Backing Tracks in mulitple tempos will help you practice.
- I'm gonna jump into the B part…of Turkey in the Straw, here,…in the intermediate section and we're adding some tempo,…adding some different sort of note embellishments.…And so for the intermediate section, we're gonna jump in…the B part with a open B string to fret D, third fret.…(guitar music)…Right.…That sorta keeps that same idea going.…
(guitar music)…The next time, the second time we actually…switch up to the open first string…as opposed to the third string.…(guitar music)…Now right there we got four quarter notes in a row…and it's two, it's a G and a D on the third fret.…And so to alleviate the need to feel like…I've gotta to pick up and replant the fourth finger…I'm gonna let my middle finger kinda slide over there…and grab that D note.…
(guitar music)…So we're back to open B and I'm gonna get back to my…left hand position.…(guitar music)…First ending.…So that's one of the things we talked about,…trying to be aware of how downbeats fall.…This is a perfect example of the ending phrase,…we don't just go...…(guitar music)…
Note: This course was recorded and produced by ArtistWorks. We are honored to host this training in our library.
- Intermediate bluegrass guitar techniques
- Intermediate fretting
- Hammer-ons and pull-offs in G, C, and D
- Intermediate rhythm exercises
- Playing intermediate bluegrass tunes
- Opening up the fretboard with expanded scales and chord exercises
Skill Level Beginner
1. Intermediate Right and Left Hand Technique
2. Intermediate Rhythm and Concepts
3. Intermediate Bluegrass Tunes 1
4. Expanded Scales to Open Up the Fretboard
5. Fretboard Expansion Exercises
ArtistWorks and Next Steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.