Learn how to best deliver your musical message by coloring the sound of your words using vocal tone control. Lari helps define and break down how to get the vocal texture that you desire in a song, sharing examples to demonstrate a variety of different tones.
- Let's dig a little deeper into tone.…Many people argue that what sets…any successful vocalist apart is a natural tone.…Now you can be born with a certain tone,…it's genetic, it's in your DNA, the shape…of your instrument, the size of your body,…the shape of your face and head and throat.…So it's true that there are a lot of natural kind…of built-in factors into any human being's tone of voice.…
But it is something also that you can develop,…that you can work on. You can learn to control…the little tiny muscles and ligaments and all kinds…of very nuanced, small incremental controllers…that you have in your vocal system…to slightly change the tone or the sound, the color,…the quality of sound that you deliver as a singer.…
Remember when we were looking at the relationship…between pitch and frequency? And we listened to…various waveforms at certain frequencies,…which correspond to the pitch and a place,…a keyboard note that we can find.…We're going to listen again, remember the sine wave?…We're going to listen to a sine wave at 440 hertz,…
Note: This course was recorded and produced by ArtistWorks. We're pleased to host this training in our library.
- Understanding scales, chords, and intervals
- Range and register
- Ear training
- Warming up your voice and body
- Building a warm-up routine
- Using yoga for the practice and performance of singing
- Shaping your vocal sound