Today might be the day you write one of your best songs. Dig in and find out! It's never clear when you're going to be at your best which is why writing often is a good decision, says industry pro Cliff Goldmacher in this online songwriting course.
- [Instructor] One of the things that I've noticed … in my years of writing songs is that it's never clear … what day is going to be a good day to write. … Today might be the day that you write … one of your best songs that you have ever written. … The only way to find out is to sit down … and write for a little while and interestingly, … some days when it really doesn't feel … like there's much going on creatively are the exact days … where you'll end up writing some of your best stuff. … So given that we don't know which day … is going to be our best day, it's always worth sitting down … and giving it a try. … …
- Sitting down to write
- Finding inspiration in literature
- Making it personal
- Overcoming fear
- Finding the best time to write
- Learning the business of music
- Learning from peers
- Finding a collaborator
- Building your catalog
- Performing your songs live
- Pitching your songs
- Being persistent and resilient
- Balancing patience and impatience
- Remembering your motivation
- Counting your blessings
- Writing what moves you
Skill Level Beginner
Songwriting Techniques with Chordswith Julian Velard2h Intermediate
1. Songwriting Pointers
2. Songwriting Career Tips
3. The Big Picture
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.